New to muzzleloaders ( in Canada)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whelen B

Reaction score
I live in Canada.
Right now my big muzzleloading challenge is to make my new Knight Wolverine shoot accurately. I'm getting lots of flyers and vertical and horizontal stringing too sometimes. I think I may have a bedding problem but not absolutely sure.
Lots to learn.

Welcome to the board Whelen! 8)

Concerning the Wolverine....Have you checked the scope bases/rings? I've owned two Wolverine, both shooters...

Welcome. What part of the Country are you in.

Thanks 4 the welcome - I live in Northern Ontario.

I put a very slight bit of upward fore end pressure with a shim under the barrel of my Knight LK93. I got out shooting today and this minor mod seems to have settled down the gun a bit.

With 120gr Select (ff) I got a three shot group of 3" at a 100 (4 1/4" high) and a 3 3/4" three shot group at 200 (6" low) using 300 .452" XTP mags in HPH-12 jackets. Pretty good but room for improvement yet I think.

I'm having fun!

Don,t know if this will help but with my Lk the sweat spot is 85 grains of 777 with a 240 grain XTP .451 the problem was I couldn't get any consistiny till I shot 100 to150 times,pulled what ever hair I had left on this :wink: now all holes touch at 100 yards have not tried to shot any farther that that Good luck and you will have a good shooter.
Have fun and be safe

Latest posts

Back