Newb from West Virginia, the Best Virginia!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from beautiful NW Missour! Great to hear you have some of your dad's guns. As you get older, they will have great meaning.

Hey all,

I’m happy to have found this community of you black powder nuts. I’m 36 and have hunted with percussion caps and inlines since I was an early teen. To be honest though, my dad always nerded out on all things black powder and I never paid close enough attention. As life tends to do, a curveball came, and I lost my dad about 5 years ago. So now I’m trying to teach myself what I should have asked him more about while he was around.

In addition to some rifles and pistols, I acquired dad’s Knight .50 cal in-line that he converted over to a 209 gun, as well as an older T/C Hawken .50 cal that belonged his dad, my grandpa. That gun is why I’m here. I just got it out of the leather scabbard and it needs gone over and probably redone (or some parts, at least). I’ll try to find the forum I need to be in to post about it and get some pics up. I’d appreciate any insight and pointers from you all.

Anyone in West Virginia?

Thanks All!
Hey all,

I’m happy to have found this community of you black powder nuts. I’m 36 and have hunted with percussion caps and inlines since I was an early teen. To be honest though, my dad always nerded out on all things black powder and I never paid close enough attention. As life tends to do, a curveball came, and I lost my dad about 5 years ago. So now I’m trying to teach myself what I should have asked him more about while he was around.

In addition to some rifles and pistols, I acquired dad’s Knight .50 cal in-line that he converted over to a 209 gun, as well as an older T/C Hawken .50 cal that belonged his dad, my grandpa. That gun is why I’m here. I just got it out of the leather scabbard and it needs gone over and probably redone (or some parts, at least). I’ll try to find the forum I need to be in to post about it and get some pics up. I’d appreciate any insight and pointers from you all.

Anyone in West Virginia?

Thanks All!
welcome from maryland i agree virginia sucks wva is way better

Good luck with your restoration. If you take your time to do it right you’ll be rewarded with a real keeper! Money spent will soon be forgotten, except maybe by the wife..🤣😉, but you’ll have something of real value to remember both dad and grandfather.
Tip: After this don’t store it in leather as leather can ruin the finish on steel.

Back