Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Bower

Reaction score
I’m a new member looking to gain knowledge about certain guns and values. I’ve deer hunted with muzzle loaders since the early 80’s. Through the passing of time and older generations of farmers, we’ve lost our hunting spots. I’m now 54 and my hunting partner (dad) is 72 with dementia/Alzheimer’s. We haven’t hunted in many years but in my dads later years he became a collector of muzzle loaders, both modern inline and older style #11 percussion. We never got into the flintlocks, too unpredictable for hunting. I’ll be the first to tell ya I’m way out of touch with all the newer makers and models of guns, when we were doing a lot of shooting cva’s were considered junk and now they seem to be thought highly of. After talking to my Dad a couple years ago and getting my Moms input recently I think we are going to liquidate a large part of my dads collection. Hopefully I can meet some good people and avid muzzle loader enthusiasts like my Dad and pass his collection on to the generation. I look forward to being an active member and talking with everyone.
Thanks, Bryan

Welcome Bryan. I think your in the right forum. Most of the members here are not casual owners, shooters, hunters, of black powder but prefer black powder guns as their primary weapon of choice to hunt with. If a guy here only shoots his black powder gun occasionally its because he has a dozen(s) others he likes to shoot also. Im going out of state to hunt deer this year and am doing so with black powder. A respectful group.

Many members here have given me accessories without question and for no money. Out of the goodness of their heart. I try to do the same for them. If you have guns to sell I think youll find them respectful and understanding. Welcome

Welcome from southeast Oklahoma.
I have a few vintage CVA side hammers and a flintlock. All good shooters, imo.
Welcome Bryan. I think your in the right forum. Most of the members here are not casual owners, shooters, hunters, of black powder but prefer black powder guns as their primary weapon of choice to hunt with. If a guy here only shoots his black powder gun occasionally its because he has a dozen(s) others he likes to shoot also. Im going out of state to hunt deer this year and am doing so with black powder. A respectful group.

Many members here have given me accessories without question and for no money. Out of the goodness of their heart. I try to do the same for them. If you have guns to sell I think youll find them respectful and understanding. Welcome
Welcome, Bryan! Sorry to hear about your dad. Lots of enthusiasts here.

Welcome from Oregon by way of Hawaii. Our prayers goes to you, your dad and family. We wish you the best.

Latest posts

Back