Night vison scopes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where I am, it's illegal to be in possession of both hunting equipment and thermal or night vision. The way I read it, I should be able to put my weapon back in the car or house, and then go track.

But I do agree 100%, using night vision and thermal to locate wounded animals is more than ethical.
I think its more inline with the law here that states your supposed to do everything your able to when locating a downed animal.
All wildlife crippled or killed in the field must be retrieved immediately, if possible, and kept by the hunter in the field. The duty to retrieve and to not waste does not justify otherwise criminal conduct including but not limited to trespass

If you are into digital scopes. I have tried out the ATN brand, which goes from budget to...expensive.. They have models in the $700 range that show a 4K image, can record, have choices of different reticles, a 1 shot zero system, as well as have a day AND night mode, have an optional laser for automatic range finding, but they use an external IR light when in night mode.

Arken has just come out with a new digital day/night scope that is MUCH smaller and very light. It's called the Arken Zulu, there are 2 models.. the more expensive one is the way to go, about $650. It has the IR light built in and all the features mentioned above and more, if I was going for night vision, this would be my choice. I sold the ATN, but mostly was due to it's size/weight being too much for my smaller carbine rifles

But if you're in the market for better stuff I know ATN makes some thermals etc, but I would probably go with the AGM Rattler for a more higher end setup.

Back