Not exactly what I expected

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our spring season started here on Sunday and today was my second day out. I hunted the same spot as opening day this morning.
The weather hasn't been ideal this week with windy conditions most of the week.
I got setup this morning early and called just a little, watching and listening most of the time.
About 9:30, I heard some soft noise from behind on my left.
I slowly turned my head to get a look see. This small group of elk were slowly moving through the woods to within about 15 yards.
I knew they were in the hill country where I hunt and this was my first experience with them. I felt so blessed to be a witness to these beautiful animals. 20230421_092515.jpg20230421_092503.jpg

Our spring season started here on Sunday and today was my second day out. I hunted the same spot as opening day this morning.
The weather hasn't been ideal this week with windy conditions most of the week.
I got setup this morning early and called just a little, watching and listening most of the time.
About 9:30, I heard some soft noise from behind on my left.
I slowly turned my head to get a look see. This small group of elk were slowly moving through the woods to within about 15 yards.
I knew they were in the hill country where I hunt and this was my first experience with them. I felt so blessed to be a witness to these beautiful animals. View attachment 33698View attachment 33699
Thats really cool.

I've been lucky enough to see both bears in the wild and a Florida panther....

But the only time I've seen a large deer like thing has been on our honeymoon trip to Alaska where I was able to put eyeballs on some moose (meese?) and caribou

Latest posts

Back