Now what do I need?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adams603

Reaction score
I finally made my choice and went with a TC encore TH stock and a SST barrel. This is my first ML and I need to know what I need now. Other than powder and bullets and primers. Specifically, What items for cleaning.

Take a look at the top of this forum. There's a sticky up there called items for muzzleloader kit or something like that. It's for a Disc Elite but a lot of those should work for you.

Thanks Patrick,
It says disasembly tools. Other than a breach plug remover what others will I need.

Other than a breechplug tool (or better yet a socket wrench), you'd have to ask someone who owns an Encore. I don't own one, but whatever you'd need to remove the barrel. A screwdriver maybe?

The Encore is a wonderfull Muzzleloader. Here are some of my favorite loads.

44/50 300grn DeadCenter, 110grns 777 loose, Federal 209A primer.

45/50 250grn XTP, New formulation Harvester sabot, Federal 209A primer. 100grns 777 loose.

40/50 200grn ShockWave, Blue MMP Sabot, 110grns 777 loose. Federal 209A primer.

Good luck with your new MuzzleLoader. 8)

Removing the barrel requires a small 3/8" dowel (or some short starters will work) and something to tap. Depends upon the fit of the hinge pin. Some will slide right out and some require a bit of persuasion.

You'll also need a hex wrench of the proper size to fit the screw that holds the firing pin assembly in place. It's important to clean that assembly and surroundings after significant shooting or before long term storage. Residue does get in there.

You should download Mike Bellm's trigger job (autorun.exe is the file name) program. Valuable resource for any Encore or G2 owner.

You might need an inline 209 capper that will make capping a lot easier. Don't get he TC u-view thingy - it won't work well at all on an Encore. A simple one of brass works okay. I bend mine a bit to yield a bit of clearance when capping.

Most everything else is covered in the sticky post.

check out your owners manual. It'll tell you 90% of everything you need to get started.

Tar-12 said:
T/C makes a hinge pin removal tool.

Really that's a waste of money. The Encore comes with a pin to put in the socket for the breech plug removal. I use that and a hammer to get mine out. :wink:

I removed my little primor ejector thing and have never used it since, never had a primor stick. Now I use a 9/16(I think) socket wrench with an extension to remove my breech plug. I dont have to remove the forend to remove the breech plug and the socket wrench is alot easier.

Matt

Latest posts

Back