Number 11 cap QRBP for CVA Optima V2?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Brown

Reaction score
Oregon has removed the “ignition open to the elements” clause from the regs.

Does anyone know of a CVA QRBP quick release breach plug that has the nipple for #11 caps?

All my searching keeps bringing up 209 quick release breech plugs, which I can’t have, and am not sure I want anyway.

I have the NW edition, which is just a QRBP with a musket cap nipple and 4 holes drilled in the knurled rear gripping portion in order to “expose it to the elements.”

I like the “waterproofiness” of the #11 caps, and since I also have an Ultralight, it would be nice to just keep one type of cap on hand.

Thanks,

Buster

Thanks for the info, fellas.

The nipple does look removable, it’s blued or nitrided (black in color) and rest of plug is stainless.

Thanks for confirming it. It’s good to be able to replace the nipple and not the whole plug.

But that makes it even more odd there isn’t a Number 11 nipple. It cannot be at all hard to make one if you are a manufacturer.

Nail polish it is! I just for some reason really don’t like the idea of that extra step. It’s not hard to do. They should just make #11 nipples!

Regards,

Buster

Thanks for the info, fellas.

The nipple does look removable, it’s blued or nitrided (black in color) and rest of plug is stainless.

Thanks for confirming it. It’s good to be able to replace the nipple and not the whole plug.

But that makes it even more odd there isn’t a Number 11 nipple. It cannot be at all hard to make one if you are a manufacturer.

Nail polish it is! I just for some reason really don’t like the idea of that extra step. It’s not hard to do. They should just make #11 nipples!

Regards,

Buster
I was thinking about if you could solder up the holes in that breech plug?
I did use the northwest breech plug in my pistol last couple years because I couldn't get any 209 primers but had plenty of musket caps.
I got my hands on a bunch of 209's finally and switched back to the BH209 breech plug.

Back