Odd Story

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

Reaction score
Didn't know exactly where I should post this. Moderator, feel free to move it as you see fit.

Friday morning was the last day of the Alabama ML season. I had a big doe feed up on me about 10:00 a.m. and presented me with a pefect broadside at 50 yd. Well' I'm a big fan of tenderloin, and I try to put at least four deer in the freezer each year, so I figured "What the heck?" and took a neck shot. She dropped like a sack of "whatever". After reloading and a cup of coffee I got down, walked over to her, examined the damage, field dressed her, hung he up to drain, and decided to do a little scouting before leaving for home.

I found some fresh buck sign about 150 yd. a little farther up the ridge, so I moved my stand for Saturday's hunt. As I was walking back to start my drag back to the truck with the doe, I passed a rock about 30 ft. on the far side of where she fell from my tree. I noticed something round, about the size of a quarter, that just didn't look natural. Closer examination revealed this:
PB2-.jpg

[/img]
PB1-.jpg

It was what was left of my 295 gr. PowerBelt, apparently after going through her neck and flattening out on a limestone rock. I realized that my pea-sized brain ain't real sharp, but I was truly amazed at the luck of recovering a slug in such a manner. What are the odds?

Back