Ohio Muzzleloader - Knight Super Disc and Lehigh/bloodline 200 grain

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaded

Reaction score
I ended up taking this doe on our first day of muzzleloader season with a knight super disc .45 and 200 grain Lehigh/bloodline bullet. The distance the deer was shot at was a ranged 90 yards. The deer went around 15 yards after the shot.

I will say that I was very impressed with the performance from this set up. The deer was hit in the lungs but as you can see in the picture, one of the petals went through the heart. When I opened the deer up there was significant damage in the entire chest cavity. One front shoulder was broke as well.

nice shooting and it looks like some excellent venison there.

Congrats on a fat doe. Did it exit? How was the blood trail? I'm down to the last day, by the forecast it will be an endurance match!

Chaded:
Congrats on the doe with a great gun.
I noticed you are in OHIO, you need to bring that rifle to Friendship. It looks and seems to shoot very well.

alphaburnt said:
Congrats on a fat doe. Did it exit? How was the blood trail? I'm down to the last day, by the forecast it will be an endurance match!

Yes the bullet did exit. The other side of the deer looked identical to the picture with the hide pulled down. The deer took off really fast and started putting blood down pretty good for the last half of the distance it traveled. But, with it only going about 15 yards and taking off very quickly I wouldn't expect any thing more. It was a "dead deer running" for that 15 yards.

Yes, nothing out of the ordinary with a short 'crazy dance' after a good hit. Looks like a very effect deer stacker you have there.

Very nice doe. That'll be some choice eating. Those blood lines are one darn good bullet. I just purchased some 250 grn for 50 cal. Don't think the supplied sabots will work. Just too tight. I'll try the black crush rib.

That deer gotz' some skinny legs. :lol:
Congrats.

I'm about to order-up some Bloodline-related Lehigh or Underwood ammo for my pocket .380 and 9mm conceal-carries. Underwood has a much bigger product line and cheaper too.

Latest posts

Back