Onion skin

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1874sharpsshooter

Reaction score
It's getting pretty hard to find if you want 25%cotton and when you do find some the price is pretty high . I found some really old (35 years) reams for sale on eBay . It's 25 bucks a ream . (500 sheets) that may seem high but not when you consider it is selling at blackpowder supply places for about 15 bucks for a 100 sheets . Sometimes more . Many places like Buffalo Arms only have onion skin that is all wood content anymore. Needless to say I should have a lifetime supply

Its always nice to have a supply. Now you can wrap some bullets. Let us know how well the paper works for you.

When i worked at a print shop we called it cotton rag and it was 5 times the cost of normal paper back then.

Ive always wondered if flash paper would work. We got it at hobby or magic supply shops. Its basically a nitrated paper. It can be made but its kind of a PITA.

GM54-120 said:
When i worked at a print shop we called it cotton rag and it was 5 times the cost of normal paper back then.

Ive always wondered if flash paper would work. We got it at hobby or magic supply shops. Its basically a nitrated paper.
It's still called cotton rag by a lot of folks . I thought a hundred bucks plus free shipping for 4 reams was a good deal . I don't know about flash paper but the dress patterns work . I have some of them coming too.

GM54-120 said:
Limited Papers carries a bunch of cotton paper from 25% and up. 24lb paper though is probably too thick for your application. Cotton rag tracing paper is over $26 for 50 11x17 sheets. :shock:

16lb 100% cotton
http://www.sears.com/alvin-6855-p-3-11- ... 27001#desc

It's getting pretty expensive. On Amazon it's 23.50 for 70 sheets with shipping . That's why I was so happy with 500 sheets for $25 and free shipping . What I don't use I will leave in my will for the kids :D

Latest posts

Back