Open sights - Shooting High

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psa

Reaction score
Need alittle help. Thought I knew what to do but I want to confirm with you guys. I have a T/C Treehawk that has stock open sights. It shoots like 6-7 inches high at 50 yards. How do I adjust the rear sight? Front post is fiber optic. Thanks for the help. Pete

Move the rear sight in the direction you want the bullet to travel. So you would need to lower the rear sight since the rifle shoots high.

I personally like them to hit about an inch high at 50 yards, then they are about right on at 100 yards..

Good luck.

Ok, I've tried that. The rear sight is as low as it goes. I should lower the front sight, right? But it's a fiber optic front sight. Do I need to change the front blade? Thanks

psa said:
Ok, I've tried that. The rear sight is as low as it goes. I should lower the front sight, right? But it's a fiber optic front sight. Do I need to change the front blade? Thanks

Are you dropping the front site nice and deep into the rear sight? The reason I ask is some people will hold the front sight level to the top of the back sight and then post their intended target on that. That's all fine if the accuracy is there. I have two rifles I have to bury the front site to get them to hit and that's still putting the target on top of it.

Back