Pedersoli brutus .50

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sabotloader said:
TripleSe7en said:
About a week ago, I heard Dave at No Excuse is seriously considering producing a 50-cal 600 grain in 2015.

Bull Shop makes a 600+ now... just so you know + Dan makes a bunch of other bullets not in this pic...

That's the first time I've seen pics of all the Bull Shop bullets. I haven't been able to produce a link to that photo, or figure out how to order bullets from Bull Shop. There's no website that I can find.

edmehlig said:
Saltner said:
I purchased this mold because in Italy are not to fire sabot bullets cal. 45, i have a mold 252 SWC and an adjustable for PP.
To stabilize bullets without lead to splice barrel, i have to shoot these colossal candy.
I do not exclude however to hunt deer and mouflon in the woods with visibility up to 170 yards.

Are you able to fire 45 cal Conials? If so, you may want to look at this bullet that I had made up at Accurate Molds.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_det ... 465M-D.png

I have no problems of molds, i have 3 cal. 451 from 530, 552 grains and one for PP adjustable up to 620 grains.
Then 3 in 452 for my 45 ACP by 200 SWC 230 TC and 252 SWC, the problem is that i can't find sabot!! :evil: :drool:

TripleSe7en said:
sabotloader said:
TripleSe7en said:
About a week ago, I heard Dave at No Excuse is seriously considering producing a 50-cal 600 grain in 2015.

Bull Shop makes a 600+ now... just so you know + Dan makes a bunch of other bullets not in this pic...

That's the first time I've seen pics of all the Bull Shop bullets. I haven't been able to produce a link to that photo, or figure out how to order bullets from Bull Shop. There's no website that I can find.

Here you go T7: [email protected]

Finally i shot with a scope, a gunsmith do the weawer inclined rail 20 MOA cost half a kidney but are all well spent.
I reused an old Leupold 6-18x40 duplex reticle and i thought of doing groupings better than iron sights ... I probably have a good view :lol:
Seven shots
2r74tua.jpg

Nice shooting for tossing a big hunk of lead down range..impressive....that will knock any big game right off its feet..if you can put up a pic of the rifle...I think the Pedersoli's are a sweet looking rifle...worth the money by far..

Nice work!

I am just getting started in casting myself. Ed Mehling was a lot of help to me as I got going.
Where I live we have some weird law that prevents us from shooting a bullet longer than twice the bore diameter.
My Max in a .50 is a 490 gr. custom mold. I am very pleased with the outcome of my efforts as I sure you are as well.
I really like the looks of your 600 gr. bullet. I can only imagine how well it would perform on deer or Sheep
I have to wear glasses when I shoot now with open sights. I am considering putting a scope on one of my rifles just to see what this bullet can do.

Beautiful bullets both you guys!. Are you sizing them 600 grainers or shooting them as cast?

The bore of the barrel of brutos is well below the average of your guns, i have to resize the bullet at .499, fortunately i have the Lyman 4500 and same time lubricate.

I purchased the sabot MMP-3 Petal EZ, the brutus in .50 caliber has 1 in 24 "twist and 28" barrel length, the barrel is very narrow compared to inline the US, to shoot bullets GG I resize them to .499.
Having a twist rate faster than the more common one in 28, according to you that I have to use bullet but above that weight?

Saltner

Concerning your photo-post on Sun Mar 08, 2015 at 10:02 am, how many yards did you write on your target sheet. Looks like 770 and I know that's not right. Is that supposed to be 110?

Good shooting!

Triple Seven,

In his style of printing, it looks like 110 yards to me. Roughly 100 Meters.

TripleSe7en said:
Saltner

Concerning your photo-post on Sun Mar 08, 2015 at 10:02 am, how many yards did you write on your target sheet. Looks like 770 and I know that's not right. Is that supposed to be 110?

Are 110 yards ...maybe you saw he could shoot so 770 :prayer:

Yesterday i shot 220 yards, there was wind and sand bags provided by the organization of the race was not good, it was hard to to stand still.
Anyway, i'm satisfied
I am puzzled ... 110 yards i set the shot at + 4 inches, to the center 220 had to aim for the top edge of the target !!! Practically a parable mortar.
166ab2a.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/166ab2a.jpg

:applause: :applause:

AWESOME SHOOTING :!: :!: You've got that bullet making and shooting down pat out to those ranges. :wink: You've got to be really happy with those results :D

Ray................ :yeah:

Latest posts

Back