Pellets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cur_dog

Reaction score
I know I can get them in 30gr and 50gr. Can you combine them to make different loads. Like 2 30's and 1 50 to make a 110gr load? 2 50's and 1 30 to make a 130gr load?

Thanks,

Marty

This text is directly from Hodgdon:

http://www.hodgdon.com/data/muzzleloadi ... rnings.php

The maximum load per shot should never exceed total Pellets containing more than 100 grains volume equivalent. That means, no more than:
45 Caliber
1) Two (2) 50 grain Pellets
2) Three (3) 44/45 caliber 30 grain Pellets
50 Caliber
1) Three (3) 30 grain Pellets, or
2) Two (2) 50 grain Pellets, or
3) One (1) 50 grain Pellet and one (1) 30 grain Pellet

cur_dog said:
I know I can get them in 30gr and 50gr. Can you combine them to make different loads. Like 2 30's and 1 50 to make a 110gr load? 2 50's and 1 30 to make a 130gr load?

Thanks,

Marty

Yes you can!

Thanks, guess I should have said what gun it is. Knight Disc Elite.

I'm new to this and pellets seem easier. Might get into loose powder later.

cur_dog said:
Thanks, guess I should have said what gun it is. Knight Disc Elite.

I'm new to this and pellets seem easier. Might get into loose powder later.

They are simple to use and Pyrodex pellets will give you better velocities over the same amounts of loose Pyrodex.

Thanks for the info sheephunter. Which would you put in the barrel first? The 50 or the 30?

cur_dog said:
Thanks for the info sheephunter. Which would you put in the barrel first? The 50 or the 30?

Not sure that it really matters but I'd put the 50 in first!

Thanks, I'm new to all of this and trying to learn all the little things.

What gun do you shoot? I bought a Disc elite from a guy on this site.

I'm a T/C guy at heart and have a selection of Omegas, Encores, Black Diamonds and Firehawks...oh ya...and a Hawken too. I do love the smell of smoke! :D :D :D

That I Encore I shoot was a nice ML and shot clover leafs at 70 yards. Almost bought one but i have center fire rifles and decided on the Elite. Plus the price.

Latest posts

Back