Pet loads for Disc Elite?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
I wanted to ask Chuck what his pet load is for use in his Knight Disc Elite 50. However, I would appreciate answers from all that own one. If you have more than one pet load.... say for different game. Please give that too. 8)

Hey Spit!
By FAR the best shooting load in my first Disc Elite .50 is a 200gr Shockwave/SST/MMP Blue Sabot/100-125gr ffg Triple Se7en. I started out with 100gr but discovered it shot just as well with 110-125grs!

Some others that were in the running for best load:
1. Barnes 245gr Spitfire 100-110gr ffg 777
2. 250gr SST/MMP Short sabot 100-110gr ffg 777..VERY accurate
3. 250gr .40/50 QT 100-110gr ffg 777. VERY accurate
4. 200gr Dead Center 110-125gr ffg 777. VERY accuate

HTH!

I've got a Disc Extreme which is the sister gun to the Disc Elite.

The loads that seem to be the most accurate:
100 gr. 777 FFG 260 gr. Winchester platinum tip
100 gr. 777 FFG 250 gr. Barnes 250 MZ
70 gr. 777 FFG 444 gr. Flatpoint Powerbelt
90 gr. Pyrodex RS 260 Gr Knight Jacketed bullet

Only the load with the Winchester Platinum tip has been tested on game (Whitetail) to my satisfaction. Shots have ranged from 20 yds to 120 yds and only 1 animal didn't drop in it's tracks. That one went 20 yds. I've also got 1 kill with the Barnes but I'm leery of one incident reporting.

Chuck,

SWEET!! 8) I'm finding out exactly the same loads work well for me!
The difference is ...I've never tried the short MMP's w/ 250 SST's. But I will!
Didn't you try the 175 Spitfires?
Thanks...........

Well,

I can tell you the fav load of a couple of Knight employees that happen to really like the Elite: 120 gr. T7 FFg / 285 Knight SBT (Barnes Spitfire).

Apparently sailing them repeatedly into a cow skull they set up at 327 yards was enough to satisfy them. :shock:

My favorite load is 3 pyro pellets and a 200 SST .. Shoots very well!

big6x6 said:
Didn't you try the 175 Spitfires?

I tried the 175gr Red Hots. They shot really good!

I find them only in 45. Are they used with a different sabot?

I can't help but feel they would have better terminal performance than SST's. Your thoughts on that....

I find them only in 45. Are they used with a different sabot?

Yes. Throw away what they come with and used a blue MMP.

I can't help but feel they would have better terminal performance than SST's. Your thoughts on that....

At least they would have 100% weight retention or close to it. Downrange energy would be less probably. I really don't know since I have not figured the bc for it.

i shoot 105 grains of pyro rs and 200 grain shockwave. The best combo i've found so far.

I've got two brand new Disc Elites. I have yet to have the time to shoot either. Anybody want to buy them? They are NIB. I think I have some red things too. I'll take $300.00 for the stainless black stock and $350 for the stainless camo stock plus $20.00 each shipping to the lower 48.

Disc Elite

Super 91 do you still have your DIsc Elites for sale? If so I am interested.

Thanks

Back