Plowed the garden under today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
My garden has been done for over a week. I picked the last of the purple hulls and dug the potatoes. It was just a big weed patch at the end.

So today I turned it just before another storm hit. I'll turn it a few more times before late September when I'll plant mustard and collard greens. The green manure helps build up the soil so it's nice and rich.

PS: My wife's pineapple may be mature by September but it's taking its sweet time. I guess I should ask a Hawaiian how to grow pineapples.

you live in a different world than most of us. my watermelons are getting big early this year.

Yeah, our world has alligators, pythons and Zika virus.

Watermelons have been done here for a month and a half. This used to be a major melon growing area but housing developments have taken up all the farm land.  :thumb down:

I'm in SE Arizona. My garden is in full swing squash, corn, tomatoes, peppers. I can plant something every month. I do envy folks who live in a frost free area.

We had two freezes last winter. First ones in several years. It used to be an every year thing until Al Gore got into the act.

azal, I always wanted to go hunting along the Ariz.-NM border for Coues deer and ibex but never made it. Are you near there?

ok, im none political all the way. could care less. i just love living. what does al gore or any one like him have to do with frost in your neck of the woods. he isnt God. like to know the answer to that one. no meaness intended.

Didn't Al Gore take credit for "Global Warming"? ... and inventing the internet.  ;)
(My attempt at humor.)

dont pay any attention to washington, both sides of the fence. i have time for being alive and no time for self glory idiots. all i know about the internet is my sister bought me a computer quite a while back and i learned how to get around on it a little. i do know this, its getting wetter up north. from ne. to the canadian border.

patocazador-- Sorry it took so long to reply but I only check this once or twice a day. I'm not on the border but close. I have a place around St. David in Cochise County and one in Ariviapa Canyon in Graham county. I'm 68 and have lived here most of my  life and have never killed a Coues. I always hunted the Mulies. I see lot's of Couse now, they have expanded as the Mule Deer population dropped. They are still up in the high country for the most part but are expanding into the river valleys.

Get out there and kill one and show us the picture when he's down.  :twisted: 

I understand that that area isn't nearly as popular with out-of-state hunters so it shouldn't be over-hunted.

patocazador. I did hunt them for the first time 2 years ago and never found a buck worth shooting. We have had a terrible lion problem in most of Arizona and the deer herds are way down. As far as I'm concerned, given the current deer numbers, everywhere is over-hunted. I did not get drawn for deer this year, but I will be taking my grandson out. He has an "any antlered" permit so maybe it will be a Coues. If you are ever out here to hunt deer I have a place that's is between units 31 and 32 that You can use as a base camp. I will be  going lion hunting this year in the Galiuro mountains, might even try it with a muzzlestuffer.

I'm 7 years older than you and believe me, it doesn't get easier. Buy an over-the-counter tag if possible. If you wait to pound those hills, it will be that much tougher.

Good luck with your grandson.

6 lions were seen on a trail cam just 5 miles from my house. also 6 or more were spotted north on the rez also. too many lions around here. my wife doesnt walk in the country anymore. they dont call them lions for nothing.

Latest posts

Back