Primary arms has a deceptive add

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking for a 350 Legend AR with a 1:10 twist barrel so I could shoot heavy for caliber subsonic bullets suppressed and I found an add on the Primary arms website that advertised a rifle in 350 Legend with a carbon fiber barrel with a 1:8 twist. Wow, that's even better than a 1:10 I told myself, and carbon fiber barrels are EXPENSIVE. You would be hard pressed to find one for less than 6 or 700 $. The rifle is only 671$. WOW, that's like buying the carbon fiber barrel with a free rifle attached to it! I jumped at that deal obviously. They even describe the advantages of a carbon barrel (more accurate, better heat dissipation, lighter by something like 60%).

Well, you know the saying about things that sound too good to be true, right? The rifle came Tuesday and I rushed home after work to go get it. Well, the barrel is steel and it has 1:16 printed on the top of the barrel just under the flash hider. Maybe they sent me the wrong rifle I told myself. Nope! I emailed Diamondback Arms and asked them. They said "I don't know why it has that description on their website. The DB carbon is just a name; there is nothing carbon on the rifle. The barrels are steel with a 1:16 twist."

I am disappointed obviously. I called PA and they want me to send a picture of the barrel. All they had to do was ask the manufacturer but I guess I have to do their due diligence for them. I don't know how they plan to make this right but I am not holding my breath. That will likely be the last time I buy anything from them.

Increasingly its like buying from a magician. You have to question someone about exactly what you are buying. My buddy had a new string put on his bow. Thats all he asked for anyway. $110.00. He was very surprised and asked why so much?? Well they had to tune the bow and prep it was the response. Really. Be aware.

Increasingly its like buying from a magician. You have to question someone about exactly what you are buying. My buddy had a new string put on his bow. Thats all he asked for anyway. $110.00. He was very surprised and asked why so much?? Well they had to tune the bow and prep it was the response. Really. Be aware.
Compound? I might be able to believe that ..

I was looking for a 350 Legend AR with a 1:10 twist barrel so I could shoot heavy for caliber subsonic bullets suppressed and I found an add on the Primary arms website that advertised a rifle in 350 Legend with a carbon fiber barrel with a 1:8 twist. Wow, that's even better than a 1:10 I told myself, and carbon fiber barrels are EXPENSIVE. You would be hard pressed to find one for less than 6 or 700 $. The rifle is only 671$. WOW, that's like buying the carbon fiber barrel with a free rifle attached to it! I jumped at that deal obviously. They even describe the advantages of a carbon barrel (more accurate, better heat dissipation, lighter by something like 60%).

Well, you know the saying about things that sound too good to be true, right? The rifle came Tuesday and I rushed home after work to go get it. Well, the barrel is steel and it has 1:16 printed on the top of the barrel just under the flash hider. Maybe they sent me the wrong rifle I told myself. Nope! I emailed Diamondback Arms and asked them. They said "I don't know why it has that description on their website. The DB carbon is just a name; there is nothing carbon on the rifle. The barrels are steel with a 1:16 twist."

I am disappointed obviously. I called PA and they want me to send a picture of the barrel. All they had to do was ask the manufacturer but I guess I have to do their due diligence for them. I don't know how they plan to make this right but I am not holding my breath. That will likely be the last time I buy anything from them.
Get screen caps showing the ad etc as well

I just wrote Diamondback firearms and asked for clarification on the twist rate. I went back and read the reply they sent me earlier and, while they do confirm the barrel is steel, they did not mention the twist.

Maybe 1/16 references something else but that would be a hell of a coincidence since that is the overwhelmingly most common twist for 350 legend rifles.

Completely different to what is being advertised. If not happy then return it and get a full credit even for the shipping. If they refuse to take it back and a credit card was used then file a dispute. I see no reason for them not accepting a return since it’s not what was advertised as.

Diamondback has confirmed it is a 1:16 twist. Interestingly, I just went to the link provided by GM54 above where it claimed it was a 1:8 RH twist and it has been changed. It now says 1:16 RH twist, LOL. It appears Primary arms was not the only one with mistakes on their website.

These websites should start paying me to find inaccurate info in their adds. :D

Last edited:
Primary arms just called me and said "no resolution yet but they are working on it" and "it has gone up the chain of management; someone will contact me tomorrow for an update".

I can't find the PA ad that states what you have stated.

Did they not send you a receipt (confirmation number) that still states what you have purchased?
I've never had an incorrect purchase number, description, sales order number from them, ever.

If you read the whole thread, you know I already posted the link. Oh LOL. They changed the add. Is that what you are getting at? Well good on them I guess. Others on here already saw the original add though. I am kind of surprised it took them so long. If it were me, I would have jumped on that within an hour or two and had it corrected before anyone else saw it.

Looks like to me they owe you a 8 twist barrel or a whole new gun with a 8 twist barrel. I can see them maybe them trying to screw you out of it with some it's not our fault BS excuse/lie or some dirty tricks. That's usually my luck.

They have agreed to take it back but I suggested they comp me a barrel instead. Odin works makes a 416 stainless 16.1" barrel with a 1:10 twist that would satisfy me. A carbon barrel from X-factor is 2 or 3 times as expensive and has a 6 to 8 week lead time. The whole reason I went for this gun was the advertised 1:8 twist. I mean, the carbon barrel was a draw but the twist rate was more important to me. The much more common 1:16 twist will not stabilize the heavy 250+ grain bullets at subsonic velocities. If they will comp me the barrel, I will keep the rifle. I do like the feel of it and even with the steel barrel, it is only 6.5 lbs so easy to carry all day. I just need that faster twist to be happy.

BTW, Diamondback Firearms emailed me to thank me for pointing out their "typo". Their page has been corrected as well, LOL. Like I said, I should start charging a fee. :)

If you read the whole thread, you know I already posted the link. Oh LOL. They changed the add. Is that what you are getting at? Well good on them I guess. Others on here already saw the original add though. I am kind of surprised it took them so long. If it were me, I would have jumped on that within an hour or two and had it corrected before anyone else saw it.
Roger That. They had already changed the ad.

I tead the description and it clearly states a 1:16 twist 4150 crmov steel barrel. No misleading ad that I could see.
Look in the details on the first link.

Back