.... Problem Sighting In ........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
:think:
Yesterday I was at the range with my T/C Renegade .54 cal and all seemed good until I tried to zero it in at 25 yards. I hung a Birchwood Casey sighting in target with the 1" increments. It's the one with the orange circle around a black diamond center. First 3 shots were touching at the top of the target dead center. I thought, great, all I have to do is lower the rear sight until she comes does to dead center. I turned the screw a little at the time and it came down from the very top of the target to the top of the orange circle. (maybe 4/5"s). Now the screw has bottomed out and I'm still 3.5/4" high. In order for me to hit the diamond, center, I have to aim at the bottom of the orange circle to hit dead center. I tried putting the front sight blade in the very bottom of the rear sight V and still was high...........
I was shooting 50grs. 3F Goex, .530 ball, .015 lubed patch, Remington #11 per/caps. Any suggestions on how to rectify this problem. I didn't move to the 50 to check it out. I was a little PO'ed :evil:

Ray............... :think:

Try kicking the powder charge up a little. Sometimes it will bring the POI down. When I shoot at a 1 inch circle I hold a six o'clock sight on the bottom of the bull. That normally puts the hits in or at the very top of the bulls eye.

Latest posts

Back