Proper Bullet Fit.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After getting the bullet short started I like one good push with what I'll call moderate pressure all the way down to the bullet. Then one good push to make sure it's seated. It takes a little experience but the learning curve is short. I have the starter that Spin Jag sells and it's a favorite at the range.

After getting the bullet short started I like one good push with what I'll call moderate pressure all the way down to the bullet. Then one good push to make sure it's seated. It takes a little experience but the learning curve is short. I have the starter that Spin Jag sells and it's a favorite at the range.

Thanks for the advice. I tried each size and the only difference between the five sizes was how hard it was to push the bullet 3 to 4 inches into the barrel--after that I could not distinguish between the different diameters. I'm thinking of choosing the diameter that wasn't too easy to push in or too hard.

Latest posts

Back