Question about Knight Bighorn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avitus

Reaction score
I have a knight bighorn that i've had for probably close to 15 years now, and it hasn't been shot in probably 12-13 years. Someone just offered me tags to hunt their property this year but only for muzzleloader so i'm scrambling to get it up and running again. The breech plug is for open 209 and the plug's flash hole is plugged solid, and i think its beyond cleaning. I was looking at knight's website and i've found the plug for 209 with FPJ which my bighorn never used. Could i use this plug and swap over to the FPJ or do i need to buy a whole conversion kit from knight?

Avitus said:
I have a knight bighorn that i've had for probably close to 15 years now, and it hasn't been shot in probably 12-13 years. Someone just offered me tags to hunt their property this year but only for muzzleloader so i'm scrambling to get it up and running again. The breech plug is for open 209 and the plug's flash hole is plugged solid, and i think its beyond cleaning. I was looking at knight's website and i've found the plug for 209 with FPJ which my bighorn never used. Could i use this plug and swap over to the FPJ or do i need to buy a whole conversion kit from knight?

Because of the possible liability of shoot bare 209 primers in a Bighorn series rifle - Knight no longer offers the bare prime plug for the rifle. The red FPJ plug will work equally well and be more water proof. So if everything else is OK I would make the switch to the FPJ plug. Your current hammer will work with the FPJ plug.

The only problem you might run into is priming the Red Plastic jackets Knight offers a small plastic tool for that purpose.

Latest posts

Back