Range time with the Accura V2 .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m shooting the Barnes .40 195g Expanders in LBCR sabots.
I shot last wk at 50 & 100yds.
I put 2 in the same hole at 50yds 3/4” high ( pic #1)
(Pic #2) is my 100yd zero.
One shot.
I shot today at 150yds then 200yds ( Pics 3&4)
(Pic #3) when I figured out what my hold over is. One shot.
150yds.
(Pic#4) is when I figured out what my hold over is. One shot. 200yds.
My effective hunting range with this load is 220yds when I get down to 1020 ft lbs ke
My MV Avg. 2479fps
With this gun shooting this load, that well, there no excuses for any misses.
Pic 1 I have tape over the 2 shots in the same hole. I traced it out with the marker bc as you can see, I used the target at diff ranges. It’s a portable target stand. Pics 2,3,4 are all bullseyes.
I’d say that my load testing with these bullets is DONE!

Attachments

• IMG_0676.jpeg
    IMG_0676.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0674.jpeg
    IMG_0674.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0612.jpeg
    IMG_0612.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0697.jpeg
    IMG_0697.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Nice shooting buddy. Very well done. You might wanna start using that for turkey. Quick headshot and save the meat. Lol.

Nice velocity as well. What charge are you using?
Thank you, much appreciated.
I posted a thread a col wks ago with the turkey I killed with my Accura, and that I missed 3 head shots on real trophy beard draggers at 100yds.
That’s prompted me to hit my range again. I’d knocked the gun over & bumped the scope pretty good. It would have been nice to be able to blame the scope for being off from when I zeroed this load in before my early muzzleloader season started. But I only shot 50-100yds. I didn’t have a working chrony so I couldn’t do my ballistics work up. I have a chrony again & fired 3 rounds thru it & they were all exactly the same MV.
was amazed!
I left out my charge details on purpose. I can not discuss my charge details in open forum. It’s one of the rules that I completely understand & 100% agree with.
I am nothing short of elated that this gun shoots this well, that I can still shoot this well. But I did prove that it was the guy behind the trigger that missed those 3 headshots. It wasn’t the gun. And I’m smiling at owning that. lol

Last edited:
I’m shooting the Barnes .40 195g Expanders in LBCR sabots.
I shot last wk at 50 & 100yds.
I put 2 in the same hole at 50yds 3/4” high ( pic #1)
(Pic #2) is my 100yd zero.
One shot.
I shot today at 150yds then 200yds ( Pics 3&4)
(Pic #3) when I figured out what my hold over is. One shot.
150yds.
(Pic#4) is when I figured out what my hold over is. One shot. 200yds.
My effective hunting range with this load is 220yds when I get down to 1020 ft lbs ke
My MV Avg. 2479fps
With this gun shooting this load, that well, there no excuses for any misses.
Pic 1 I have tape over the 2 shots in the same hole. I traced it out with the marker bc as you can see, I used the target at diff ranges. It’s a portable target stand. Pics 2,3,4 are all bullseyes.
I’d say that my load testing with these bullets is DONE!
Meh… it’s ok, but i think you can do better.
:roll:

Remarkable shooting. Are you shooting BH209?

With those velocities. I wouldn't think so. Which he shouldn't announce on the forum. Which I completely agree with, even with wanting to know like a 6yr old wondering if Santa is real. Darn it, I wish I had cool people around me to teach me cool charge load out stuff.

Niner you're admitting to missing 3 simple little shots on previous target yet again!! And you're owning up to it not being the gun but the trigger man's lack of practice?? Better knock these admissions off. It would be awful if this trend caught on and others started taking responsibility for lack of work ethic instead of blaming the recommended load out and weapon. 🙄 so for the sake of saving modern society's path of finger pointing. Stop being a stand up guy and man of integrity. You're being an awful role model for them. 🤣😂🤣😂

Last edited:
Drama Queen GIF

Make Up Love GIF by Bounce

Back