Recs for a NEW inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I have posted elsewhere, I am having some issues with my Wolf...buttstock is a touch too long, cheek alignment is a bit too low even with the lowest rings...in short...not the ideal gun for me and I am ready to relegate it to backup status. I want something with a higher buttstock than the Wolf and a slightly shorter LOP {Wolf is 14"}

So, what are your recs a new .50 cal inline. Tone does not often convey in writing, so what follows is not said in an obnoxious tone but rather, straightforward: Please don't recommend impossible to get not-made-anymore T/C guns like the Omega. I am not super mechanical so I want a brand where replacement parts are readily available.

I am open to brand...but I am sensitive on price... wouldn't really want to go much higher than 550 for a new-in-box gun. It must play nicely with Blackhorn 209 and be drilled and tapped for a scope. Other than that, no limits. Thanks!

The LOP problem with that Wolf or any other CVA rifle can be solved by removing the recoil pad and going to work on that buttstock with a bandsaw. I shortened 2 of my Accuras about 1/2 inch and now they fit me fine.

The LOP problem with that Wolf or any other CVA rifle can be solved by removing the recoil pad and going to work on that buttstock with a bandsaw. I shortened 2 of my Accuras about 1/2 inch and now they fit me fine.
Thanks. Were the screw holes in the buttstock deep enough that you were able to reattach the butt pad? What did you use to shave down the butt pad after you cut the stock would be a little too big?

If that is your budget, I wouldn't necessarily limit yourself to a "new" rifle. You can get some great used "like new" rifles for that price or alot less. You just have to be patient and hunt around.

Fwiw, Knight has some Mountaineer & Disc Extremes on sale right now... the .52cal is like $550 if I recall. I saw it somewhere, think it was an email but didn't pay close attn.

Personally, I'd save some $ and ante up a little more and get a .45 1:20 Knight UL - but totally understand about a budget.

CVA Optima V2 also takes Scout/Hunter stocks and the "compact buttstock" is available. Around $270 for the base model.

Back