Remington Action Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
What is the diffeence between a Remington Model 40 action and a Remington Model 700 action?

VENISONEATR said:
What is the diffeence between a Remington Model 40 action and a Remington Model 700 action?

I'm pretty sure..a model 40 is a solid receiver single shot. ie receiver continues where there would otherwise be a clip/magazine. An XP-100 is a similar action as well.

It LOOKS like it has a magazine, doesn't it? Maybe I'm just thinking of a 40-X.

Jim, I believe it is a Rem 700 action same as used on the M-24 sniper.

Nice lookin gun!

Generally "blueprint" means to lap lugs, face receiver, square bolt face, as required.

The M40 is at heart a short M700 from the custom shop and a target trigger. There are M40 XB, XBBR and XC versions . They differ in whether they are for benchrest or high power.

The basic action gets a lot of care, especially the XBBR benchrest version (I used to have one in 6X47). I also had an XB in .308 Win.

jim

VENISONEATR said:

Jimmy, sounds like the 40X needed some re-work from the factory. I feel really bad for you. I will trade you even up if that will make you feel better. :roll: :mrgreen:

VENISONEATR said:
Your welfare sniper rig :poke:

Oh man... that hurts! Keep the gloves above the belt man! :applause:

LOL!

but sorry... mine doesnt have all the gravy yours does.

redneck_swiss_army_gun.jpg

Nice Nightforce there.. but what does all that other stuff do?

VENISONEATR said:

Per my read through thread...the Model 40 has a Remington 700 Action as I earlier replied? :d'oh!:

nugbuk said:
How am I was evolved in this testosterone induced exchange? :eek:
Look at that gun! That thing has you name written all over it. If it had a Mecedez Benzmeover emblem on it instead of a Rolls Royce I would say it was definitely your gun! :lol:

Doohan said:
VENISONEATR said:
Your welfare sniper rig :poke:

Oh man... that hurts! Keep the gloves above the belt man! :applause:

LOL!

but sorry... mine doesnt have all the gravy yours does.

redneck_swiss_army_gun.jpg

Nice Nightforce there.. but what does all that other stuff do?

I like that one.... 700 action or not! :lol:

Latest posts

Back