Rusted CVA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, i have used the frog lube, and the Hornady lube in a few rifles. They both seem to 'gum' up over time. Be assured i will never use neither again on/in a rifle; two complete disassembly were required, and that was enough for me. They may be OK as a lube around the house or on things that rub, or on trailer hitches; maybe on a gate, or a garage door. Me, i won't use either lube in a lock, or a trigger, or inside anything, not easily accessed. Both lube seem to be very very highly over rated.

Hey Guys....I don't post alot.....but I do read alot of the post....
This post definitely piqued my interest....
Having lived on the coast for most of my life I have seen alot of things rust...and it doesn't take long....
I found a product at Lower that I figured why not give it a try....called a lubrication product....but I have used it for many things...even on my son's pinewood derby axels...
Whether it helped there or not couldn't really say as the wife car smoked ours every time down the track....
Anyhow...the product is call ULTRA...it is made from soybeans....
I have sprayed it into completely frozen locks and within a few minutes you couldn't even tell that it had rust problem internally....as a penetrator/oiler this is the best I have ever used.....
Check it out.....a 16 oz. can goes a long ways.....

Back