Sad day father passed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry for your loss. Be consoled that he didn't suffer. My mother suffered for tree months before finally losing to lung cancer caused by smoking..

Thank you all for your kind words support and blessings. The next week is going to keep me busy with planning and arrangements.

We did live together, every day I would see him in his chair watching tv when I got home from work. It will be difficult not seeing him there.

He was absolutely adamant about being cremated. Something about being creeped out by bugs.

The plan is to put his ashes on the mantle near his favorite chair along with his picture and a few other items. That way when I come home and look over in that direction out of habit I will at least have that.

In time it will become the new routine and they say “normal” is simply what you are used to.

Hello my modern muzzle loader family. Yesterday was a very sad and unfortunate day. My father passed away.

He was only 77 he suffered a stroke and I suspect it was not the only one but the last in a series of strokes.

He was feeling “forgetful” in his own words. He made an appointment as we thought it was the early onset of Alzheimer’s. Unfortunately I came downstairs to see him acting very strange as if he was completely out of it. I called 911 immediately and they did a ct scan confirming a clot at the base of the brain. He went into surgery the clot was removed however the damage was done. The scan revealed that his brain was starved for long enough to spread to the center of the brain.

This center controls non voluntary functions such as breathing. The area was also swollen and pressure was on the cerebral cortex to quote the doctor. His cortex is squished like a pancake.

I and the docs tried everything we could but even he had woken up it would have meant a life on a respirator with a feeding tube. He was completely unresponsive no pupil dilation little to no movement under extreme stimulation. The wonderful loving man I knew as my father was not in there.

The decision was made by me to call a person of the faith pray and administer morphine and finally remove the machine that was breathing for him.

I held onto him praying as he passed quietly without a sound or whimper into the Lords light. I take comfort knowing that his brother and sisters must be happy to see him again. As well as his mother whom he loved so much.

That man. My father did everything for me and my daughter. We were his only concern and it showed in his day to day life.

I had my differences with him however we recently made amends (mostly by me changing the way I thought about him). He must have known something was amiss because he made certain we were doing well. Me with my new job and my daughter with her boyfriend.

He slipped away peacefully and I hope that now he finally is free of that pain that he experienced nearly every day. Rest well and be with your family father I love so much. I will see you again when the Lord determines my mission is done here on this earth.
Very sorry to hear of your loss, condolences to you and yours.

Hello my modern muzzle loader family. Yesterday was a very sad and unfortunate day. My father passed away.

He was only 77 he suffered a stroke and I suspect it was not the only one but the last in a series of strokes.

He was feeling “forgetful” in his own words. He made an appointment as we thought it was the early onset of Alzheimer’s. Unfortunately I came downstairs to see him acting very strange as if he was completely out of it. I called 911 immediately and they did a ct scan confirming a clot at the base of the brain. He went into surgery the clot was removed however the damage was done. The scan revealed that his brain was starved for long enough to spread to the center of the brain.

This center controls non voluntary functions such as breathing. The area was also swollen and pressure was on the cerebral cortex to quote the doctor. His cortex is squished like a pancake.

I and the docs tried everything we could but even he had woken up it would have meant a life on a respirator with a feeding tube. He was completely unresponsive no pupil dilation little to no movement under extreme stimulation. The wonderful loving man I knew as my father was not in there.

The decision was made by me to call a person of the faith pray and administer morphine and finally remove the machine that was breathing for him.

I held onto him praying as he passed quietly without a sound or whimper into the Lords light. I take comfort knowing that his brother and sisters must be happy to see him again. As well as his mother whom he loved so much.

That man. My father did everything for me and my daughter. We were his only concern and it showed in his day to day life.

I had my differences with him however we recently made amends (mostly by me changing the way I thought about him). He must have known something was amiss because he made certain we were doing well. Me with my new job and my daughter with her boyfriend.

He slipped away peacefully and I hope that now he finally is free of that pain that he experienced nearly every day. Rest well and be with your family father I love so much. I will see you again when the Lord determines my mission is done here on this earth.
Sorry for your loss,

I'm so sorry my condolences 🙏

So sorry for your loss. May the love and peace of God, that surpasses all understanding, sustain you.

So sorry for your loss. Lifting up you & your family into Gods hands of mercy & peace. Having the knowledge that he offers an eternity with him for those that accept his calling is the greatest peace we can ever have.

Greg

Sorry for your loss! I know what you're going through, I lost my Dad back in February due to a heart attack. He was 74 and taught me everything from hunting, fishing, working on automobiles and numerous other things! May God Bless you and your family!

Please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your brother. I lost mine years ago and can empathize with your loss. My best wishes to you and your family.

Pease be with you and your father. Its a very trying time for you and the grand daughter, every day will get a little better. Be strong and remember the good times. God bless….

Really sorry to hear about this. Please accept my condolences from my family to yours.

My father passed about ten years ago. It gets better with time…..

Back