saw a couple of birds...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a nice video clip of this guy taking off as well.... then a few miles further down the road another flew across and into the woods (Lower Suwanee wildlife refuge)

View attachment 37816
Yep, we saw 2 Bald Eagles on the way to Cedar key. That guy was only 20yds from us when we stopped for pics. It had something dead that it was eating on. They truly are beautiful & majestic birds.

We have eagles all over here, even in town. Its nothing to see three or four soaring over the river behind our house. Golden eagles make it here to chase the geese that hang out on the river behind us too, though not as common. Goldens are really large compared to the Bald variety. A year ago I shot a squirrel that was digging up some bulbs Ma planted and it flip-flopped out into the park land and a Bald Eagle zeroed in on it and swooped down and grabbed it. Saved me having to step on its head.

Had an incident a couple years ago where an immature eagle swooped down on a yearling doe, twice.
Bird was better than 18" tall when it landed on a branch. The gold of it's feet really offset the dark brown of it's body plumage.
I'd never seen one take a run at something the size of a young doe, but it did, twice in one flight.
I assumed it was a young eagle passing through on it's southern migration.

Latest posts

Back