Scope Mounting Questions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
The rings for my Ultra Lite came in today. Warne low rings. I mounted an old Leupold VX-III 3-9X40 I pulled off another rifle. I'm not in love with the target turret look, or how high it is sitting off the barrel but it will work. While bore sighting, I seem to be almost bottomed out on elevation. I don't know who made the scope mount, it came on the rifle. Looking at it, it looks taller on the rear end. Is this normal. I'm waiting for a new breechplug to come from SSK. Hopefully it works out on the range, we'll see. Thanks as always for any help.

20220329_161602.jpg20220329_161117.jpg

It looks like a 20 degree rail.As far as scope height you’ll have to find lower rail or use a two piece base.Most if not all rails with slope built in will be higher.

I am totally guessing from here - but the rings really look medium rings not low. And the base appears to be a 20mm base as suggested.

They're new, Warne low rings. Looked high to me to. I'll shoot it first and see where I am.

I'll measure them. It may come to a different base if this doesn't work.

Back