Season Starts Tomorrow!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gotbuck

Reaction score
Our season starts tomorrow here in Missouri and I have to work. :cry: I hope to get out on saturday. My question is it will be 90 ish here on saturday, has anyone ever hunted in those conditions? Last year was the first time we were allowed to hunt this early but I waited until mid October to venture out. We have so many deer that our doe tags are unlimited for bow for around 7.00 a pop. Not to bad considering our season ends January 15 and is closed during rifle season. My guess on hunting this hot is to hunt early or late and by a water hole/creek. Have you guys tried this? I would like to get a buck in velvet, however where I hunt I have an antler restriction, which means I cannot take a buck that has less than four points on one side of his head. I mostly hunt for does as I hunt for meat, the farmer nearby claims to have seen a nice 12 pointer and by the way the area is tore up I beleive him. I just hope he walks my way, but with the heat I doubt it.

Back