Sharing a little of my education about sabot sizes.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Lee, the ones I listed up top were new a couple months ago. They may work in my White .504.

o8beyq.jpg

UC, you da man! Thanks. But yer scaring me taking that much interest in plastic. :lol:

Can I steal that pic, or would that be a MM violation? :D

Everyone can freely "steal" it. Made it for the forum and anyone that wants to use it.

Busta, I'm not THAT interested but this is some good info.

Edit - fixed a couple of things in the picture. I would advise anyone that wants to keep that info to save the pic to a file on your own computer. TinyPic (where it is now hosted) is a free hosting site that could decide to stop at any time.

My Knight Disc Extreme must have a bore WAY oversize!!! I've been through (2) cans of BH-209 trying to get a 1" group with a zillion different conbinations. Finally, I shot every bullet I own with the Knight HP sabots and bingo, I got a one!!! This sabot produces a good tight fit, but not real difficult to seat. With this sabot, I got every bullet to shoot under 2" and (2) at 1 1/2" and (1) at 1". I'm ordering a bunch of these! Thanks Busta, you got me started with your original post.

Busta said:
Thanks Chuck! I couldn't believe that the Knight Black High Pressure Sabot measured .511 with a SST/Shockwave, try pushing one of those down a .500 bore. :shock: :wink:

Hey Busta! I just got in some of the Knight High Pressure Sabots #900128....I checked it with a 250gr SST....0.511! WOW! That would be a great sabot for a 0.504 White with a .452 OR for use with the .450 Parkers in a loose bore 10ML-II.

Back