Shaver’s Ferriss Front Sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I just got my new front sight from Lee this Morning, That Ole boy does AWESOME work!! This is what he calls his Ferriss front sight. I am really looking forward to getting out and dialing in my LONG Ranger 1:18 Twist .451 bore ‘Business Rifle’ I should be able to get a 100 yard Zero NO PROBLEM now, this sight is 1-1/8” from Dove base to center of Globe, The one on my rifle now is Lee’s .850 height 17 Globe, i am shooting 15-16” high with it and just cant get lower, This 1-1/8 should solve that, plus it’s REALLY handy to be able to adjust the fine windage in the front sight and leave the staff Zero

Couple of different inserts to show how it looks, This fine bead has always been a favorite of mine.
Ym76wu0.jpg

Crosshair
eHdHfsB.jpg

My Rifle, with Lee’s Super Grade Long Range Soule and Hadley eye cup
cDRUReh.jpg

And my BACO Elliptical mold, the bullet i will be shooting in this setup, .443 Diameter, 530 Grain bullet
xCRjVCh.jpg

Baccummba said:
Sooooooo how is it? You dead on at 100 yrds or still a little high?

I was able to get my 100 yard Zero no problem with this new front sight :yeah: I REALLY need to get this rifle back out and start where i left off. The last outing with it was good, The rifle seems to like my newest BACO Grease Groove bullet better than the Paper Patch, But i really need to get back out with it and hammer away! I had LOTS of good intention of getting this rifle out Looooong this Spring, Just gotten tied up with other things. I will make room for it soon :D

Latest posts

Back