Shooting the Seneca again today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a chance to get out to shoot the new to me Seneca .36 cal today. It was a little breezy but not too bad. As recommended I shot loads of 20, 25, and 30 gr of Goex FFFg at 25 yards. I wasn't at the range and just went out on my ATV behind my house so I didn't have the best of rest but made do. Both the pillow ticking and the drill cloth are very tight with the .350" ball. I may have to try some with cotton linen. I say that because after the shoot today I fired off a dozen or so rounds with Frontier Muzzleloading's Shoot Out to polish the bore a little and the balls with the linen loaded snug but not overly tight. The 25 gr group didn't do too good and the 1st group of 20 gr and the group of 30 gr weren't bad. The 2nd group of 20 grs was good but I think I pulled that shot high right. The 2 shots in red on the middle dot were off had with whatever preloaded charges I had left. The one in the bull felt really good but I hurried the 2nd high shot. That little Seneca is harder to hold steady. I'm used to the heavier out front rifles.
Seneca target.jpg

Back