Shot Placements

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
How many have you heard " My front sight Covers the entire deer!!" ?
We've all heard it!
This helps solve this problem!

Sight in with the very TIP of your front sight!
6OclockAim-1.jpg

Shot placements that I prefer for deer at odd angles and broadside shots.
Picture395-1.jpg

Picture384-1.jpg

Picture382-1.jpg

shot placement

First thing they taught me at Police range 6 oclock hold. Use it on hand gun and rifle.

pumpkins and my first post!

Ahh yes the Pumpkin on a post hold. It is the classic sight picture and it alllows you to see the target. Another one to try would be the Flat tire hold. I am pretty sure that it is self explainatory once you understand the pumpkin on post. And is what I use for CMP shooting as I find I'm hold a little bit tighter. This here is my first post so Hello from Wisconsin. I currently shoot the all lead powerbelts out of a T/C Renegade with either loose black or Pyro. I am currently looking for a in-line with the Knight KP1 or T/C Endeavor or Triumph as my top three choices. I will start another post to more properly introduce myself.

TS

I use the six o'clock hold and it works fine. Actually I like to hit right on top of the front sight, so I basically line up, fire, and try to watch my shot hit. It seems to work for me anyway.

I use to shoot a modified six o'clock hold and that worked too, but in low light I discovered the true six o'clock worked better. I have 1X scopes on my inlines now and they really are the ticket.

Wildturkey, welcome to the forum. I also am from Wisconsin. Up in the northern end of the State.
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back