Some Photos Of Hogs (Deceased)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i remember these particular hogs for various reasons:

This ugly long haired hog did not weigh over 160 pounds.  But what he lacked in size he made up for in mean.  He whipped the crap out of four hog dogs: 

Boar6Jan10.jpg

This hog was killed on the run by me.  The 240 grain XTP bullet was in her brain.  That hog jumped straight into the air for about five feet when hit.  She came down and went up again two more times.  All i could think about was Carlos Hathcocks description of killing the cobra sniper:   

Sow23July07-02.jpg

This old boar was well past his prime.  He had a tag in his ear from a game farm in Bavaria:

Boar%2025%20Sep.%2007%20001.jpg

Killed this old boar on our place in Garvin county.  Wondered why he never ate under the feeder.  His teeth were worn off to the gums:

Hog165.jpg

This sow had very nice bacon; we smoked it:

Sow25Mar11.jpg

Love it! Especially that last one, super hogzilla!

Isn't it crazy that you can just go out for a drive to those places and fill the freezer with pork? No having to deal with all the commercial crap. Just some time in the field and more time butchering it and seeing what's inside without any worry.

Man, I love this hog hunting stuff!

Floyd, can you post the pics of the hog we think was mine, at the feeder?

:Red tup:

Lots of bacon and pork chops there. Nice hogs. Floyd, what's the largest tusker that you have taken with weight and tusk length  :pig:

Ray................... :ttups:

Floyd, what's the largest tusker that you have taken with weight and tusk length
icon_porc.png
The  hog that is my avatar weighed 384 pounds.  He also had large  tusks:   About 3.75 inches.   That hog is probably the one that killed all four dogs belonging to a hog dogger who was on his way to a demonstration.  The guy saw the hog and turned the dogs loose without their kevlar vests.   

i've since killed a couple boars that were larger but were not weighed.

falcon,
384#s had to be related to HOGZILLA. Without their vests, those dogs didn't have a chance with that guy.
Thanks for posting the info.

Ray..............

Hope the dogs are ok.  I know a hunter down in Florida that carries a suture kit with him.  He has had to use it on his dogs, more than once, and his self, at least once..........robin

I carry a suture kit with me along with a couple of ampules of novacain. I've needed it twice for myself and once for another guy. None of the wounds were due to a hog. I got cut by a hog once but went to the emergency room for that one.

Latest posts

Back