Spare barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a question will traditions sell me a spare barrel without having me send the whole gun in
Wouldn't it be a little wiser to just email or call Traditions with that question, than to ask it anywhere else.
Not that someone in the group might know the answer, but - nuthin like hearing it straight from " the horse's mouth " right.

longcruise, I don't believe Cva became Traditions. They are separate companies and CVA is actually the bigger of the two. CVA is a part of BPI but Traditons is still family/privately owned.

As of July 2022, don't think anything is changed.

Who owns Traditions Performance Firearms?

The company was formed in 1982 and, 10 years later, was purchased by Jay Brenneman and Tom Hall. Hall is president and owner today, making it yet another family-owned business thriving in the firearm industry.Jul 30, 2022

Tony,

I sent Traditions an email tonight asking about a strikerfire barrel. I have a spare stock
/action and a forearm and none of my other strikerfire barrels will lock properly when mounted onto the action, so for these types it seems fitting is required. I do have two pursuits and the barrels are interchangeable. You don't say what type of barrel you're looking for but it might matter.

John

longcruise, I don't believe Cva became Traditions. They are separate companies and CVA is actually the bigger of the two. CVA is a part of BPI but Traditons is still family/privately owned.

As of July 2022, don't think anything is changed.

Who owns Traditions Performance Firearms?

The company was formed in 1982 and, 10 years later, was purchased by Jay Brenneman and Tom Hall. Hall is president and owner today, making it yet another family-owned business thriving in the firearm industry.Jul 30, 2022

Yes, you are correct. I used the wrong description of what took place.

CVA sold their "traditional" Ml line to Traditions. My description made it seem like CVA is history, of which I certainly know better being that I just bought a CVA rifle. :wall:

I don’t know how many models Traditions kept in the same form as the CVA models. Certainly the CVA Kentucky 45 caliber became the Traditions Kentucky 50 caliber with all parts interchangeable.

Thanks for catching my mis statement.

I got a quick reply to my inquiry this morning. Their response:

Good morning,

John, thank you for your email. Unfortunately , I do not stock barrels. The cost of a barrel fitting charge together with the cost for a new barrel will outweigh the price of a new firearm.

So no go there, just have to keep an eye out for a barrel I can fit myself.

Tony,

I sent Traditions an email tonight asking about a strikerfire barrel. I have a spare stock
/action and a forearm and none of my other strikerfire barrels will lock properly when mounted onto the action, so for these types it seems fitting is required. I do have two pursuits and the barrels are interchangeable. You don't say what type of barrel you're looking for but it might matter.

John
i have a buckstalker im just thinking long term i figure the xt might be interchangeable im not sure though

I got a quick reply to my inquiry this morning. Their response:

Good morning,

John, thank you for your email. Unfortunately , I do not stock barrels. The cost of a barrel fitting charge together with the cost for a new barrel will outweigh the price of a new firearm.

So no go there, just have to keep an eye out for a barrel I can fit myself.
really they want that much for a barrel thats crazy considering they are made in spain i might call the place in spain who makes the barrels for traditions gotta be able to get it cheaper from them just a thought

I'm guessing a spare barrel from the manufacturer is going to be a liability issue and won't happen.... sort of like pouring ten shots to a dude then him hitting and killing someone. Once a barrel would leave a company the liability for what or how it's used doesn't end with the departure.

A prominent gun manufacturer probably isn't going to risk a possible lawsuit by selling just a barrel as they lose control over how the barrel will be used.

I'm guessing a spare barrel from the manufacturer is going to be a liability issue and won't happen.... sort of like pouring ten shots to a dude then him hitting and killing someone. Once a barrel would leave a company the liability for what or how it's used doesn't end with the departure.

A prominent gun manufacturer probably isn't going to risk a possible lawsuit by selling just a barrel as they lose control over how the barrel will be used.
i didnt think about that

Back