Starline 45 Colt Brass

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernbar

Reaction score
Got some new Starline 45 Colt brass and noticed that my CCI 300 LP primers take quite a pull of my RCBS single stage press lever to properly seat them in their primer pockets. Some seat normally but others need a very strong pull of the loading lever. Never had that issue with other brass so anybody noticed this?

Last edited:
I’ve have used, and still using starline brass in 45 colt and 44 mag. If the hard seating pressure was there then I didn’t notice it. I also use a rcbs single stage press

Last edited:
I’ve have used, and still using starling brass in 45 colt and 44 mag. If the hard seating pressure was there then I didn’t notice it. I also use a rcbs single stage press
I’m reloading some 45 LC now and seems like almost 1/2 needed a tad more force but the rest seated just fine.
I reload a lot of 45 ACP, 9 MM and 38 Super and never had an issue.
By the by, my RCBS I bought thru Shotgun News back in 1978 but the old girl keeps a ticking.

Noticed some rifle cases doing samething,not ever batch does don't know if it's a batch didn't come out just right or what,different calibers to.

All my Starline .45 Colt brass is from a purchase years ago. It was excellent brass and still being used and never had any problem getting primed.

i have used and still use star line for .300 blk out, .41 mag, .45 colt, .45 acp .454 casull .224 Valkyrie, 45/70 govt.
never had any issue with tight primer pockets. my bet would be on the primers.

i have used and still use star line for .300 blk out, .41 mag, .45 colt, .45 acp .454 casull .224 Valkyrie, 45/70 govt.
never had any issue with tight primer pockets. my bet would be on the primers.
I will test your theory tomorrow by switching to Remington primers. The CCIs are from the early 80s and have loaded tons of 45 ACP without any issues.

it seems as if post Covid, nothing can be depended upon to act as it should. strange times these.
Hoping you find the cause and it is an easy cure.

Back