Storage of Black Powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIAEDY

Reaction score
A friend of mine recently gave me 14-15 lbs. of kik black powder. I live here in NE and are not honestly sure if this has to be in house or if I coyuld put it outside in a shed that is subject to whAT EVER THE TEMPS ARE. iT DOES GET HOT AN COLD BUT ALL MY TOOLS ARE THERE AN THEY DO NOT RUST. sORRY FOR NOT KNOWING THIS. tHE POWDER IS FFG LOOSE. tHANKS
Eddy

As blackpowder is not as safe as smokeless powder, I would store that amount of powder away from my house just to be on the safe side. Fifteen pounds would make a pretty good hole in your place if it lite up.

Maybe I worded that wrong. I do understand the importance of the powder possible exploding, what I meant to ask is, what conditions is the powder going to suffer being out in below o degree weather? I am not good with words, it just seems a shame to maybe ruin all this powder to possible moisture ,if at all it hutrs it. It is in cans that are sealed. I really do not know.
Thanks fior the reply though

Sorry I can't help you with the storage and shelf life. I was just thinking of saftey. Maybe you could contact a powder manufacturer or distributer and they could shed some light.

Latest posts

Back