T/C Encore SML Conversion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for tips with an Encore .45 SML conversion for those who have done it. I know it isn't complicated but I can not afford to make any mistakes regarding components. Build will start from a bare frame. Yes I did a search...

That is a very sweet looking rifle. I've been wanting to go with an Encore SML for a long time and finally found a deal from a member on here for a new new unfired Encore minus a barrel.

I'm leaning towards Luke's Brux barrel. I think I would like how his barrel opens a little farther to allow access to the screw that holds the ejector in. I would think it would be easier to remove the plug for cleaning with Luke's barrel without having to remove the barrel from the frame. I also like a screw instead of driving out a pin to remove the ejector. I know very little about all of this so if I am mistaken then please let me know.

I will go with the Bellm spring kit. I need to track down a ML forend to replace the rifle forend on the one I bought. Is there anything you would do differently with your build and can you share your preferred load and bullet?

Thank you for responding. I really appreciate it.

I got my barrel from Hank it’s a brux it has a set screw to remove ejector to remove plug but I had to have a 12ga forearm
Just to confirm you do not have to remove the barrel from the frame to remove the breech plug?

So is that a Brux feature and not necessarily an Arrowhead feature?

I don’t remove barrel to remove plug I don’t no if Hank done away with pin and put a set screw in had min 3 hrs haven’t pull plug out but one time I done shoot a lot ck sight in and go hunt

Mine was from Hank and it’s a set screw holding the ejector in. No need to remove the barrel. Super simple to get at the breach plug.

Mine is a 45-70 barrel, tapped in with Hanks breechplug.
A tip over ejector really simplifies the breechplug removal, and helps get the modules out after firing.

Mine is a 45-70 barrel, tapped in with Hanks breechplug.
A tip over ejector really simplifies the breechplug removal, and helps get the modules out after firing.
Where did you get the tip over ejector? I have an ASG Encore Brux which I believe is the same as Hank's. Will any 45/70 ejector work on the 45/70 module?

I've had Encores for at least a decade now. Can't say I remember where I bought them.
However google should be able to point you in the right direction.
I don't recall them being caliber specific.

Back