T/C Shockwaves

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
I can't recall exactly who or when, but someone had asked if the blue sabot that comes with the 200 Shockwave was the same as the "BLUES " we all buy from Muzzleload Magnum Products. In conversation with Del Ramsey yesterday, I remembered that question and he answered me saying "Yes, I supply them for the manufacturer and they are the same sabot".

So why not shoot the Shockwaves with supplied blue sabots, rather than buy the SST's in 45 cal. and throw away the tan sabots only to have to purchase the blue ones so you can shoot them in a 50 caliber? With SST's you get more bullets for the money but not at the expense of buying the BLUES. I have never been able to find 200 gr. SST's in 50 caliber. Only in 45.

RandyWakeman said:
Why shoot a 200 grain bullet out of the Savage at all?

Maybe if I had a Savage......but I don't :cry: Maybe someday.

I was thinking of my Elite. 8)

Well, since you are on the smokeless forum, I wasn't thinking of an Elite.

Del Ramsey has sold MMP blue sabots to Thompson. The percentage of 200 gr. .50 caliber Shockwave that actually come with MMP sabots is unknown, however. Thompson has changed sabots a couple of times, and say that they are making their own. You might get MMP sabots with Shockwaves, and-- you might not. No way to be certain.

RandyWakeman said:
Well, since you are on the smokeless forum, I wasn't thinking of an Elite.

Del Ramsey has sold MMP blue sabots to Thompson. The percentage of 200 gr. .50 caliber Shockwave that actually come with MMP sabots is unknown, however. Thompson has changed sabots a couple of times, and say that they are making their own. You might get MMP sabots with Shockwaves, and-- you might not. No way to be certain.

Thanks for clearing that up...

As to my location... :?: :oops: I wasn't paying attention :shock: :D

Spit.. I moved it for ya! :wink:

I am a little confused as to the Tan/Blue sabots..

The tan sabots for the 200 sst would be for a .45 cal MZ. The Blue sabot would be for a .50 cal MZ. I think MMP is the only mfg that makes a blue .40/.50 sabot ...

Is this what you are referring to?

JJ

Doohan said:
Spit.. I moved it for ya! :wink:

I am a little confused as to the Tan/Blue sabots..

The tan sabots for the 200 sst would be for a .45 cal MZ. The Blue sabot would be for a .50 cal MZ. I think MMP is the only mfg that makes a blue .40/.50 sabot ...

Is this what you are referring to?

JJ

Thanks for moving it JJ :D Sorry if I wasn't real clear. The only way I have been able to find 200 gr. SST's is in 45 caliber and they come with tan 45 caliber sabots that I throw away and replace with Blue 40/50 MMP's. That way I can shoot them in my 50 caliber Elite.

200 gr. T/C Shockwaves come already saboted for 50 caliber. I was never sure if the blue sabots that come with them were the same as we buy from Del. I figured, if they were the same why not just shoot the Shockwaves. :D

I believe they are MMP blue's included in the .50 cal packs. I use the ones supplied. Never had an issue with them...

If you want to be sure you have the most current formulation, you can always use fresh MMP's.

Latest posts

Back