The Frankenflinter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice rifle, you are a talented man putting one together from non-mfgr. parts. Read your range report and all I can contribute is (stick with it you have a fine rifle and I know you will pull off the training wheels soon. Wishing you success.

Nice rifle, you are a talented man putting one together from non-mfgr. parts. Read your range report and all I can contribute is (stick with it you have a fine rifle and I know you will pull off the training wheels soon. Wishing you success.
I appreciate your kind words.
I hope to get back to the range sometime soon. Lord willing, that rifle will make it to the deer woods in October.

Deermanok, what part of OK are you located? I'm originally from Woodward, spent a lot of time in Webb.

Deermanok, what part of OK are you located? I'm originally from Woodward, spent a lot of time in Webb.
I'm in Antlers. Kind of a transplant here from New England.
My son, step daughter and little granddaughter live in the DWF area.
My wife and I retired 3 years ago and moved out here to be closer to the kids.
We love this part of the state. Mountains just north of town.
Great deer hunting. Did I mention deer hunting.

I too have been following the story of the frankenflinter glad all came out ok(rifle and wife). I just bought my first flinter,50 cal traditions hawken. It'll be a learning curve.

I too have been following the story of the frankenflinter glad all came out ok(rifle and wife). I just bought my first flinter,50 cal traditions hawken. It'll be a learning curve.
I think you'll be hooked on the
flintlock. I haven't had a chance to get back out with mine yet.
I'm already thinking about selling off a few of my percussion rifles to buy another flintlock. I like that Hawkin Woodsman.

I live close to Mexico mo.so I went to Graf and bought 2lbs of 2f and 1lb of 4f. I'm going to try to shoot tomorrow. I also went by our gun shop he had a traditions cap lock for 199 darn near bought it

I order my powder from Graf. I also have a couple of Traditions Deerhunter rifles, percussion.
Those are no frills woods guns.
Light weight, easy to tote around the woods. Very accurate shooters.

Latest posts

Back