The LORD was good to me

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took my 760 .35 Remington out to get dirty.
Have a lot on my mind, hence the title.
I spent a LOT on this rifle and scope. Today was a banner day!
She does like the 200 grain Sierra round nose! It was quite the HOOT watching that 10 shot composite group form. Never had a bolt action, or any other rifle, stack rounds like this.
Sierra 200 grain round nose, 45 grains of LVR, Winchester brass and Federal LRP. 2.445 o..a.l. as this rifle has almost no throat.
It made me smile. A LOT. And I'm grateful for even the small graces, strange tho they may be at times.

Attachments

• 20230509_145409.jpg
    20230509_145409.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230509_145424.jpg
    20230509_145424.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I smile for you Confederate rifleman. Glad you had a great day. Hope you don't mind me sharing a great day also.

I too had a blessed day yesterday. In keeping with my determination to do more hunting and fishing I went to do some trout fishing yesterday. I was invited by a friend to fish a river I hadn't fished in 28 years. It started slow but at about 11:00 o'clock the hits started coming. Had Coho for dinner the night before so thought I would return all fish to the stream unless they were deeply hooked or injured. Every fish was easily removed. Not a cloud in the sky and 60 degrees. Perfect.

Thank you Lord.

Roger That. Most men that have a .35 REM rifle are blessed. My choice is my 336C that I
paid for 21SEP74 and I also have my father's that he purchased in '78.
EDIT: I purchased mine in 1974 not 1957. 😇

Last edited:
W
Took my 760 .35 Remington out to get dirty.
Have a lot on my mind, hence the title.
I spent a LOT on this rifle and scope. Today was a banner day!
She does like the 200 grain Sierra round nose! It was quite the HOOT watching that 10 shot composite group form. Never had a bolt action, or any other rifle, stack rounds like this.
Sierra 200 grain round nose, 45 grains of LVR, Winchester brass and Federal LRP. 2.445 o..a.l. as this rifle has almost no throat.
It made me smile. A LOT. And I'm grateful for even the small graces, strange tho they may be at times.
What you do is important. How you do it matters.
What a great sentiment!
I no longer work in industry but have tried to maintain those thoughts and pass along to all who care. I keep up with industry communications. My family earns their livelihood building and maintaining ( mostly mine and energy ) sites. Last week I forwarded a piece about 27 miners losing their lives in a fire caused by a short circuit. This was a reinforcement to them that it does matter.

Happy thoughts to all because you too matter.

Latest posts

Back