The Mrs. found a nice shed!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife found this shed today on the edge of our yard while she was walking the dog. In the picture with her holding it, look past the antler at the two Black Walnut trees with a small bush to the right of them. The shed was laying at the edge of the yard about 10 yards to the right of the bush. I hope she or I get an opportunity to take this buck next season and I'm rooting for her because she found it! 

0209161335_zpsalszyrlx.jpg

0209161429_zpsa9sip8zp.jpg

0209161431_zpsvqucllyw.jpg

BPS

John Neslen said:
Congrats, I hope she is lucky enough to find the left one.

John

Yea, we're gonna look for it some this week. He must have dropped it last night. I went past the spot where she found it several times with my 4-wheeler yesterday afternoon while hauling out some wood so I would have definitely seen it. My wife's a hunter too and she's taken a number of bucks since we've been together but she never got anything she felt was worthy of a mount so I'm hoping she gets him next season!

BPS

That's a great shed I hope she finds the other one this week also. But I hope she gets the buck that drop them next also. Good luck to the wife.

I found a pair of good sheds on the edge of a cotton field one year. I figured the deer wouldn't hang out in the open so I didn't hunt right there the next season. But that deer DID hang out there and another guy busted him out of a 20 sq. yd. thicket at noon and killed him.

They like to bed up in small inconspicuous places where they can see/smell in all directions.

Good luck to your wife next year.

Nice discovery on that hold-over evidence :!:

Could be your wife's omen Blackpowdersmoke. ;)   It's great knowing something other hunters don't know when it comes to finds like that.

Good luck searching for the other half :Red tup:

Marty that looks similar to the one you pictured on your game camera back in October!  Same area?

Very nice shed.  Hope you guys can find the other side.  I found a matching set last year laying a couple feet from each other.

Those points would make nice knife handles, or a few great powder measurers. With just half a set, I'd use it if it were me. ha ha

Smokin' Joe said:
Marty that looks similar to the one you pictured on your game camera back in October!  Same area?
Nope...different state.   

That 160+ class October buck on my trail cam may have fallen.  I spoke with the hunter who hit it with a slug on opening day(DEC. 30th) of shotgun season. He said it was like a horse busting threw the brush.  He shot at the buck on the run :roll: from his tree stand, and said it immediately tumbled straight to the ground. Thinking he dropped it dead, he scurried :No: to claim his prize only 45 yards away.  Well guess what...the buck was not where it fell. Within the short time he lowered himself to the ground with his climber, the buck had apparently gotten up and taken-off.  

Him and a buddy gridded for the buck for 3 days solid then threw in the towel.  He said it likely circled back into the only place they were unable to look...an impassible, enormous shrub swamp from which it came.

A classic mistake on the part of that hunter.   I don't know who feels worse...the hunter or me.

backwoodsman said:
Those points would make nice knife handles, or a few great powder measurers. With just half a set, I'd use it if it were me. ha ha

It actually belongs to my wife she found it. Besides, I have plenty of other antlers around if I wanna make something so I probably won't hack this one up!

BPS

Hope the lady hunter harvest him next season, it's great to have a wife who likes to hunt. It's expensive, you have to buy two of everything, but the rewards are worth it. I enjoy watching Pam hunt, harvest game and spend time in the field. Best part of all, the girl can cook

Latest posts

Back