Thompkins and Allen 50 cal barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprungo

Reaction score
I was helping clean out a friends house and came across a Thompkins and Allen 50 cal barrel. Not blued slight rust. Seems to have brass ferules for a rod? Seems unused. Wondering if it has any value or if someone would be interested in it.

Attachments

• ferrel.jpg
    ferrel.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Full.jpg
    Full.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0
  • info.jpg
    info.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
  • muzzle.jpg
    muzzle.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Plug.jpg
    Plug.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2
I was helping clean out a friends house and came across a Thompkins and Allen 50 cal barrel. Not blued slight rust. Seems to have brass ferules for a rod? Seems unused. Wondering if it has any value or if someone would be interested in it.
If it's actually a Hopkins & Allen barrel, I'd probably be interested in it. I'm currently working on a H&A Underhammer rifle kit in .36 caliber & would like to get a large game barrel for it too.

Thanks it is an actual Hopkins & Allen 50 cal. I have seen those under barrels on the web. So it was most likely to make your own under barrel muzzle loader.

Actual value would probably be closer to a couple hundred dollars if the bore is in good condition and judging from the outside of the barrel, I would expect it to be clean enough to fetch that much.

Who can tell me which states its ok to legally sell a muzzleloader rifle barrel to someone? I live in Michigan here its ok. I also have a Thompson Center 45 Cal Black Powder Pistol Barrel to sell which is 12" long.

Who can tell me which states its ok to legally sell a muzzleloader rifle barrel to someone? I live in Michigan here its ok. I also have a Thompson Center 45 Cal Black Powder Pistol Barrel to sell which is 12" long.
The barrel is only a part and should be sale able in even the most communist states in Estados Unitas de America.

Back