Thoughts Please

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosehunt2

Reaction score
This is the stock that I am thinking about getting for a custom built 300 Win Mag that I am putting together. The only thing different is the lamination will be a different color. What do you guy's think about it. TIA

Here is the color that I have picked out for the Win Mag.

If you plan on using it for offhand competition it should be great. For a hunting gun though you may find that a more classical approach to stock design will suit you better.

Chances are this gun will never be fired. This is going to be passed down to one of my grandchildren to have something to remember me by. Hope this helps.

WOW!! Looks like it will be one beautiful rifle to be treasured!!

Be sure to post-up pic when gun is finished.

goosehunt, I think as a sentimental treasure it would be nice if you were to engrave the dedication or write it on a stock and put urethane over it if you were to just write on the bare wood with a sharpie. Just me, but if I were to have something handed down from my grandpa ( which is deceased) I know it would definitely be more special this way.

Well you did not say before it was gonna be a showpiece. In that case I love that stock.

Latest posts

Back