Tis The Season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I literally just came back in the house from testing handloaded turkey ammo through my Benelli.
Oklahoma spring season opens 4/16, and I’ll be at my place and ready.:lewis:

I’m embarrassed to say that over the last year I’ve been more excited about turkey hunting than deer hunting.

I literally just came back in the house from testing handloaded turkey ammo through my Benelli.
Oklahoma spring season opens 4/16, and I’ll be at my place and ready.:lewis:

I’m embarrassed to say that over the last year I’ve been more excited about turkey hunting than deer hunting.
All my life has been about deer hunting but the last few years a really been liking turkey hunting as much if not more!

Good luck with a fun successful season.
I loved my Super Black Eagle 3.5”. It shot everything I put thru it super well
I love all my Benelli SBE guns but I been using a M2 and a M1 20 the last few years now
I bought a second hand Burris Speed Bead off eBay last week, and I had to reconfigure my home defense Benelli M1 Super 90 12 ga to mount it. I would’ve preferred to use my old faithful Benelli M1 Super 90 12 ga hunting gun, but it’s at my house in Oklahoma 500 miles away.
I tried my turkey loads in 4 other shotguns, and this Benelli set up is a winner winner turkey dinner. :lewis:

I missed getting Turkey tags this year cause I procrastinated to long. Really chaps my 🫏 that I did that. I still plan on heading out for last week to sit with a buddy. That and last turkey week is party week at deer camp.
Sooo you need to apply for special turkey tags where you live or you don’t get to hunt them?
If that only on WMA land etc or is that a statewide thing?
I’m super fortunate in that I don’t need to leave the property to hunt them & have real trophy quality birds around

Sooo you need to apply for special turkey tags where you live or you don’t get to hunt them?
If that only on WMA land etc or is that a statewide thing?
I’m super fortunate in that I don’t need to leave the property to hunt them & have real trophy quality birds around

Tbh I have no idea about special tags here. But I doubt I'd be able to regardless. The wife booked two vacations over the top of turkey season and flight school is all hands on deck every moment I can afford other then that. Trying to get somewhat finished up in case the wife decides to drag me off to live in Florida. Ugh I am jealous you can hunt good birds on site. I see hundreds of them up north where I live in the state but few down on the hunting grounds. Only see turkey during deer season actually on the hunting grounds. Lol

Tbh I have no idea about special tags here. But I doubt I'd be able to regardless. The wife booked two vacations over the top of turkey season and flight school is all hands on deck every moment I can afford other then that. Trying to get somewhat finished up in case the wife decides to drag me off to live in Florida. Ugh I am jealous you can hunt good birds on site. I see hundreds of them up north where I live in the state but few down on the hunting grounds. Only see turkey during deer season actually on the hunting grounds. Lol
I understand.
I’m all too familiar with knowing what it’s like to only see deer while turkey hunting & only turkey while deer hunting.
I’ve been a very successful hunter across the board my entire life, except for the 3 seasons that I tried hunting with a crossbow.
That’s exactly what happened.

WV opening April 15. TurkeyKiller2000 dialed in and ready. Bought earlier Montana Decoy Mrs. Purrfect. A really nice decoy. Great looks and packs small.

Back