took out an old friend

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white eagle

Reaction score
I took out my old T/C Hawken 54 cal yesterday
after watching Idaholewis I started shooting the same boolit and getting the same results
just amazing that gun shot the best it ever has, however I used to shoot only patched round balls out of it
used a charge of 90 gr's black and boosted up to 110 gr's by volume and let me tell ya
after you set the trigger and touch off the main one that charge will get your attention
anyway after cleaning out after each shot I got into the swing of things and shot so consistent it was getting boring
I did run into the problem at first of treating it like I was using Blackhorn 209 and lets just say I need to get out my ball puller a couple of times before I snapped out of it
What fun it was

Last edited:
I also am going to be doing lots of shooting this year working up hunting loads for each rifle. Weather n chores have kept me from shooting so far this year
That's exactly what I'm going to be doing! I want to try several different bullet-sabot combos out of my Accura V2 Lr. I finally got some extra Blackhorn and primers that I can get some range time! Can't wait for some good weather!

Latest posts

Back