Traditions Crokett 32

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donjose1

Reaction score
I found a good deal on one and after looking at the web site for info seems that they show a max charge of 25g 3F
I am wanting to shoot maxi balls out of this rifle, shouldnt I be able to get a little more powder than 25g?

Thank You
Jason

Donjose I have one of the Ardesa Deerhunters in .32 and they state max as 60 gr 3F with the 110gr conical.

great little rifle! Im sure you can use more charge, most of the time they list the most accurate loads they find. 25gr 3f seems to be common on the traditional websites when it comes to shooting the crockett.

Jon I think the 25 - 30 gr loads are for the 45 gr PRB's.

With 30 GR 3f GOEX and a 45 gr you will be right around 1900 - 2000 fps and with the conical 1500 - 1600 fps .
With 50 gr 3F and a ball your looking at 2300+ fps and 1800 fps with a 110 gr conical.

Thanks for all the help I wasnt thinking anymore than about 40-50gr with a conical..

I use mine with 48gr 3F behind the 110 gr conical and that little trashcan really motors :D

Spitfire said:
Donjose I have one of the Ardesa Deerhunters in .32 and they state max as 60 gr 3F with the 110gr conical.
The Ardesa Deerhunter is a made by Traditions right?

Its the other way around, Ardesa makes Traditions guns for them.

FrontierMuzzleloading said:
Its the other way around, Ardesa makes Traditions guns for them.
Got it so they are the ones that produce the guns we get in the USA as well?

Jason

Spitfire said:
I use mine with 48gr 3F behind the 110 gr conical and that little trashcan really motors :D
So this might be the mother load :) I figured to use the old max 2gr per caliber trick for the small bore so 50gr max blackpowder should be safe ?

I cant understand why they show max load data at 25gr on there web site?

Spitfire said:
On the Ardesa web site they state 55gr as max.
I wonder why the Ardesa site says 55gr max and the Traditions site says 25 gr max if it is the same rifle?

Jason if I buy a Lyman rifle over here they recommend 120 gr as max but if I buy an Investarms rifle they reckon 100gr is max, they both are made by Investarms :scratch:

Lawyers and possible lawsuits. Its sad but that is the society that we like in. Nobody wants to accept thre responsibility for their own actions anymore. 

Id just find your rifles sweet spot, and shoot that load and enjoy it.  The .32 is a great little rifle.  I have one and love to shoot it. A pound of powder seems to last forever.

I've seen with mine that PRB are a lot more accurate than the conical and can use a lot less powder as well (35 gr 3F will net you 1900 to 2000 fps with the 45 gr ball)

Latest posts

Back