Traditions Pursuit Help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone checked the volume of the Flame channel of a 1/8 cva plug verses the volume of a knight 5/32 flame channel? If the 1/8 cva is longer then the volume maybe close to being equal?

Who does a Traditions Pursuit Pro breech plug mod? A friend of mine has the Pursuit Pro and he would like to upgrade his breech plug or have it drilled for a vent liner.

Badger Ridge Industries will do it. They sell vent liners and a pin gauge to check them also. IMO his price is pretty steep though. His vent liner price is good.

Has anyone checked the volume of the Flame channel of a 1/8 cva plug verses the volume of a knight 5/32 flame channel? If the 1/8 cva is longer then the volume maybe close to being equal?
The 1/8" flame channel of the CVA Blackhorn plug is about 0.45" long.

The 5/32" flame channel of the Knight plug is about 0.98" long.

To calculate the volume one does the pi r square calculation then times that by length. Obviously the Knight plug flame channel is over twice the volume of the CVA plug.

Bruce,

How will you tell when the vent liner is worn out? If the primers leak between the anvil, and the cup, there is too much pressure. Indicates the flash hole is too large. If powder goes through the flash hole. Indicates the flash hole is too large.
Ron,
I purchased an inexpensive set/50, ZZ grade, 0.011"-0.060" pin gages (Accusize brand) that will allow me to check the diameter of the hole in the vent liners. And replace them when they reach 0.035"-0.036" in diameter.

When I got the Lehigh Defense breech plug, I also purchased a pkg/4 spare vent liners.

The 1/8" flame channel of the CVA Blackhorn plug is about 0.45" long.

The 5/32" flame channel of the Knight plug is about 0.98" long.

To calculate the volume one does the pi r square calculation then times that by length. Obviously the Knight plug flame channel is over twice the volume of the CVA plug.
You’re correct Ron.
if my math is good, here are the volume’s:
Volume CVA = 0.0054
Volume Knight = 0.0188
I rounded some of the numbers behind the decimal, but it’s roughly 3.5 times the volume.
I just woke up this morning and felt like doing some math 😜

Latest posts

Back