Question on Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seuss

Reaction score
Guys,
I've been hunting w Omega's for a coons age, my original rifle was passed down to my son when he started hunting, likely 12 years or so ago.
He's always had an eye on my rifle, a stainless laminated laser that I have used to take a pile of deer.
This year I told him we could switch, so I mounted a scope on his rifle more suited to my aging eyes.
Took it to the range yesterday w our standard diet of two 777 pellets and Hornady SST's w the red sabots.
When I went to load the projectiles into the rifle, I could literally push them down the barrel w 1 finger on the ramrod, it was weird how little effort was needed to seat the bullet/sabot. .
That seems no bueno to me, was wondering what the group thinks may be the issue (if there is one).
Much appreciated guys.

A few more details. Just trying to understand. Was the load accurate? I would try a different sabot. You definitely don't want the bullet/sabot to move off the powder charge.

Just installed a new scope, it seemed like I was chasing zero, the ease that the sabot was dropping down the barrel concerned me so I ceased fire

Latest posts

Back