Trying different things.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna take that 25gr load to 100yds and see what it does. I'm thinking about soaking some paper in water and see the terminal effects. Those Barnes 45ACP 185gr still intrigue me. I've shot them but never really tried getting them dialed in.

Last edited:
Those Fury bullets intrigue me and I do plan on trying them someday. Its just that my SML Scout shoots the B2B SSTs so well I bought several boxes of them. I'm fairly certain the Furys will be a better option once I start extending the range of my rifle. But out to 100 yds I can't argue with under MOA accuracy.

Dropped some powder into the tubes and gonna prime some modules today. Hopefully, one day this week after work, I can slip off to the range.

Im looking on the Fury website and im not seeing a 40 cal 200 grain LT. Do you think it is a custom? Does it have the plain lead tip or a Plastic tip?

Do you know your velocity, SD or ES on this load? Thanks
What I usually do is zero at 100yds and then make a trip to 200yd range. I shoot at either 150 or 200yds and see where it hitting. Then run the numbers through the Hornady ballastics chart to get a rough estimate. Normally I'm more interested in accuracy than velocity.

I shot 2.5 lbs of N110 with charges from 16g-19g with light 10mm bullets in sabots & 28g-34g with 180g-200g. It’s an awesome powder for those type of loads.
Really any bullets =/>250gr, it's great. Light sabot or sabotless loads. It's a really versatile powder.

Back