Tungsten Turkey Ammo: Is It Worth It?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! What length barrel?
26" with a full choke. Its the first gun I ever owned. Bought it when I was 12. After doing a lot of rabbit hunting the last two winters I decided to get it back out and very glad I did. Its very light and I can see the pellets rake the ground around the rabbits when I shoot. By far enough gun for rabbits and apparently plenty for a gobbler.

yeah I did it again. I saw a photo and had to have one. I just ordered an Encore frame, stock and forearm. I'm searching for a 410 barrel, but so far I'm not finding what I want for a price I want.

If you have the skills a stick with a stone attached is good to kill turkey. I don't have those skills. Rambo probably did. :)
I've tried with a broom LOL

I can't stand turkeys. I hunted them in the past and found no joy hunting in the spring. Always thought they tasted like ship.
I run them out from under the bird feeders daily because they ship all over the place.

1713724769347.jpeg

1713724902079.jpeg

I think a .410 pistol with TSS would be fantastic for turkeys to moderate ranges. One of my hardcore turkey hunter buddies just built one.

View attachment 43306
DAYUMMM I wish I could have me one of those.
I fully intended to build a 410 BP shotgun specifically for turkey hunting, but then I learned that in Fl its not legal. A 410 CF is legal, a 410 shotgun is not.
Thats as damn cool looking as it is what it can actually do.

I read that, my shoulder immediately started hurting!!
I started out turkey hunting with a 28" mod 12ga 2 3/4" copper plated #4 shot. I used that for a few yrs until I got the Super Black Eagle in 3.5" then I still used the copper plated #4. 1 shot for a turkey wasn't too bad, vs going duck or goose hunting & going thru an entire box of 3.5" shells. I can promise ya that my turkey loads in my TK2000 ain't nowhere near that.

Don't want to hijack a thread... But... 🤔I found a great deal at buds website. So I bought it. They canceled my order & Relisted the gun for about $100 more, and told me if I really wanted it to buy it, buy it off the new listing! 😑

When I called and insisted they honor the original agreement, the guy on the phone said he couldn't do that. I asked for someone who could... The next guy was rude. Said buy it at the new price or walk. He didn't care. I insisted he honor the prior agreement. He hung up on me... Then canceled my account so I couldn't buy anything from them. 😔
Business practices like that will ruin their business in the end anyway. Word gets around. I've never had any experience with them but after hearing stories like that, I would think twice before buying anything from them.

I patterned a couple 12 gauges and a 20 ga this year that did about the same.
How long is the barrel? What choke is it?
It’s a Rossi Brawler with. 9” barrel. I don’t have any idea about the choke but it’s rifled to shoot .45LC. It suits my purpose since I bought it to carry while on the tractor for snakes.

Latest posts

Back