Turkey close to the house

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
This morning I was sound asleep when a noise woke me. My first thought was ... the old dog. But he was asleep on the floor next to the bed. As I lay there listening I then heard the sounds of turkey feeding. As they make that soft purr and cluck sound. So I looked out my window and then discovered what woke me.

I hustled and got my digital no magnification or zoom old Kodak camera and took this picture out the bedroom window.

Dcp06631a.jpg

Then I could hear more of them in the front of the house, so I went to the front door and looked out, camera in hand.

DCP06626.jpg

DCP06628.jpg

Although I would have enjoyed another half hour or so of snooze time, I was more then pleased to wake and see these turkey. They were planted back in the forest last year and everyone thought they died out. I have been seeing them all year, and sign of them. Also many friends who drive by the house tell me they also see a large flock of them. Well I can not tell them I have proof of their sighting.

Well they were back again this morning. Although a little earlier today. All seven of them. They sure are fun to watch. They are all young birds as there is no mature gobbler in the group.

DCP06647.jpg

There is one big jake with a white head and a very small beard starting, so he must be in hog heaven with all the hens around. I really enjoy seeing them around but I think they need to come into the yard a little later. After all it is the weekend.. :D

I find it easier to turkey hunt inside the house then outside the house, so I just invite them over for dinner... :D

Actually, I was in the house and heard someone knocking on the back patio door. My first thought was, why didn't they come to the front door. Then I thought, maybe they did and since I did not answer went around the house to see if I was in the back of the house.

I could hear someone tapping, and tapping, on the patio door. So I came though the back room into the office/computer room and was about to walk into the family room to the patio door when I saw who it was knocking. So I grabbed my camera instead. There were nine of them out there actually, but only the one was tapping on the glass. I refused to answer of course, so she got mad and left.

strangeratthedoor.jpg

Back